This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: A Guide To Fishing In Echo Park Lake
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook
- The New Yorker explores what it's like to move back and forth between NYC and Los Angeles. ;)
- A coyote was seen trying to catch a flight at the Van Nuys airport.
- It turns out that Mark Zuckerberg's wardrobe may really just be two shades of gray.
- A Grand Jury has cleared Planned Parenthood of all wrongdoing in connection with those undercover videos, but instead decided to indict those who made the videos.
- David Duchovny got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame today, just a day after we got to see him reprise his role as FBI Special Agent Fox Mulder.
- L.A. Magazine answers your burning questions about fishing in Echo Park Lake.
- There's a bar dedicated to George Constanza in Australia.
- A teenager in Michigan underwent a successful heart transplant and woke up to tell his father, "I've never been so happy."
- And now, monkeys:
Funny monkeys. (Tamirans ) !!.
Posted by Amazing world on Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.