LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Whenever it's passed, it will be the latest approved budget in state history. Today lawmakers had their first peek at the proposal, which would California's $19 billion shortfall./li>
- If you're one of those online-only readers of LA Weekly, this is the one week in the year to maybe change that habit: tomorrow their massive "Best of L.A." issue hits newsstands.
- Where to crash after a late night in downtown Los Angeles, starting at $55.
- City of Bell manager Robert Rizzo has finally been released on jail on a $2 million bail.
- New condos in Studio City have brought some interesting architecture to the neighborhood.
- Sometimes opening a new business has ironic timing: Silver Lake has a new car wash (luckily, the rain will soon be replaced by sun and shine).
- Meanwhile, some car washes owned by the owners of celebrity-favorite restaurant Koi could be facing big trouble.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our iPhone app.