Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Whenever it's passed, it will be the latest approved budget in state history. Today lawmakers had their first peek at the proposal, which would California's $19 billion shortfall./li>
- If you're one of those online-only readers of LA Weekly, this is the one week in the year to maybe change that habit: tomorrow their massive "Best of L.A." issue hits newsstands.
- Where to crash after a late night in downtown Los Angeles, starting at $55.
- City of Bell manager Robert Rizzo has finally been released on jail on a $2 million bail.
- New condos in Studio City have brought some interesting architecture to the neighborhood.
- Sometimes opening a new business has ironic timing: Silver Lake has a new car wash (luckily, the rain will soon be replaced by sun and shine).
- Meanwhile, some car washes owned by the owners of celebrity-favorite restaurant Koi could be facing big trouble.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our iPhone app.