This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- The LAUSD is facing a $268-million budget gap for the 2011-2012 school year.
- A 46-year-old OC man died early this morning from drowning in his backyard fishing pond.
- After the success of the first prescription pill drop-off event, the DEA says they'd like to hold more of them in the future.
- Over the weekend The Militant Angeleno checked out the 37th Annual Korean Festival.
- Congrats to the Hollywood Roosevelt's master mixologist Matt Biancaniello, winner of Table 20's Best L.A. Bartender contest, as feted last night in Downtown with a Punch party.
- Did you see this bit on TV today? Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin take a phone call while live on the "Today" show and find out their L.A. clothing boutique has been robbed.
- Baffled by your female friends' "I like it on..." Facebook status updates? HuffPo reveals what the heck they're talking about.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.