LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Amid controversy and criminal charges over sky-high salaries, a city of Bell councilmember resigned today.
- A big win for Schwarzenegger: the state supreme court ruled that the Governor legally furloughed state employees during the last fiscal year.
- Although there is a bike path currently on the Gerald Desmond Bridge in Long Beach, plans for its replacement scrapped the path -- that is until recently and the Port agreed to add it on.
- He doesn't look it one bit, but the guy who plays steel pan at the Studio City Farmers Market is 75 years old!
- These could be fighting words: "Twitter and Facebook cannot change the real world, says Malcolm Gladwell."
- Venice Patch is doing a nice series called Faces of the Boardwalk. Today's subject is muralist Rip Cronk.
- Get nerdy about Burbank: residents should receive the city's new newsletter in their next utility bill.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our iPhone app.