Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Amid controversy and criminal charges over sky-high salaries, a city of Bell councilmember resigned today.
- A big win for Schwarzenegger: the state supreme court ruled that the Governor legally furloughed state employees during the last fiscal year.
- Although there is a bike path currently on the Gerald Desmond Bridge in Long Beach, plans for its replacement scrapped the path -- that is until recently and the Port agreed to add it on.
- He doesn't look it one bit, but the guy who plays steel pan at the Studio City Farmers Market is 75 years old!
- These could be fighting words: "Twitter and Facebook cannot change the real world, says Malcolm Gladwell."
- Venice Patch is doing a nice series called Faces of the Boardwalk. Today's subject is muralist Rip Cronk.
- Get nerdy about Burbank: residents should receive the city's new newsletter in their next utility bill.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our iPhone app.