This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- There were at least five victims of reported and unrelated violent crimes last night in Pasadena.
- A hit-and-run driving suspect has been arrested for fatally striking a bicyclist in Pacoima.
- Meg Whitman's illegal immigrant ex-housekeeper was the big focal point of today's gubernatorial debate.
- A memorial service was held today for the Tehachapi teen who hanged himself after being taunted about his sexuality.
- Malibu's new Central Park opened today.
- It's a big goal: Fuel efficiency minimum standard could be set at 62mpg by the year 2025.
- A little history behind Long Beach's pontoon bridge.
- LAUSD schools will be converting to a fingerprint scan as payment method for kids' school lunches.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.