LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- October isn't only about Halloween, it's also about walking. Yes, happy Walktober!
- "The Eastside has emerged as a center of Los Angles culture and entertainment, and music is at the heart of the scene," says Jennifer Cuevas in her first In the Mix column about Eastside events. Most notably this weekend is the Eagle Rock Music Festival.
- Beaches near Ballona Creek have been reopened after a sewage spill earlier this week.
- On Sunday, the Valley Village community will gather and rally to help police find the killer of Cheree Osmanhodzic.
- Questions arise about the city's move to lease Barnsdall Park in Hollywood to private operators.
- "Airports all over the land are upgrading their food concessions — except LAX, which is still crap," tweeted Elina Shatkin, West Coast Editor of Toque, about this post on airport food.
- Video: Multi-Tasking is Bad For Your Brain. Here’s How To Fix It
- For a cool $1.199 million, this 1960s Hollywood Hills house, which includes a "nude" pool, could be yours.