This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- October isn't only about Halloween, it's also about walking. Yes, happy Walktober!
- "The Eastside has emerged as a center of Los Angles culture and entertainment, and music is at the heart of the scene," says Jennifer Cuevas in her first In the Mix column about Eastside events. Most notably this weekend is the Eagle Rock Music Festival.
- Beaches near Ballona Creek have been reopened after a sewage spill earlier this week.
- On Sunday, the Valley Village community will gather and rally to help police find the killer of Cheree Osmanhodzic.
- Questions arise about the city's move to lease Barnsdall Park in Hollywood to private operators.
- "Airports all over the land are upgrading their food concessions — except LAX, which is still crap," tweeted Elina Shatkin, West Coast Editor of Toque, about this post on airport food.
- Video: Multi-Tasking is Bad For Your Brain. Here’s How To Fix It
- For a cool $1.199 million, this 1960s Hollywood Hills house, which includes a "nude" pool, could be yours.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.