Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- The accused ringleader of the "Hillside Burglars," who are believed to have broken into some 150 homes in wealthy neighborhoods, was sentenced to 17 years today.
- Here's KPCC's recap of yesterday's debate between U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer and former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina.
- A great take on the news and a safety tip for hikers: "Canyons Are Best Places to 'Stumble Upon' Pot Fields in LA County"
- A statue of Cyrus the Great, the founder of the Persian Empire in 600 AD, might be joining Beethoven, Doughboy and a Seventh Regiment from the Spanish American War in Pershing Square.
- Should open carry gun rights advocates practice their rights in the ghetto instead of Starbucks in Manhattan Beach?
- Halloween in Silver Lake will be different this year.
- Thousands headed to downtown Los Angeles today to get free mortgage help.
- The Olympics are coming back to Los Angeles! Well, the video game version of it at least.