LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The accused ringleader of the "Hillside Burglars," who are believed to have broken into some 150 homes in wealthy neighborhoods, was sentenced to 17 years today.
- Here's KPCC's recap of yesterday's debate between U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer and former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina.
- A great take on the news and a safety tip for hikers: "Canyons Are Best Places to 'Stumble Upon' Pot Fields in LA County"
- A statue of Cyrus the Great, the founder of the Persian Empire in 600 AD, might be joining Beethoven, Doughboy and a Seventh Regiment from the Spanish American War in Pershing Square.
- Should open carry gun rights advocates practice their rights in the ghetto instead of Starbucks in Manhattan Beach?
- Halloween in Silver Lake will be different this year.
- Thousands headed to downtown Los Angeles today to get free mortgage help.
- The Olympics are coming back to Los Angeles! Well, the video game version of it at least.