Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- It was hot today, but not as much as yesterday. Thank you, clouds?
- The state's clean air board has adopted targets to encourage local planning agencies to encourage smart growth policies and discourage plans that cater to long commutes for solo car drivers.
- Nearly all of the 25 top earners working for Los Angeles County earn $350,000. The list is mostly doctors.
- A suspicious package prompted the evacuation of LAPD's Rampart Station today.
- Will college kids rock the vote this November? Obama hopes so.
- The latest on the L.A. housing market: prices are up, but outlook looks flat.
- "Officer-involved shooting on Temple St. in Historic Filipinotown, LAPD officers uninjured, one suspect killed, one arrested," L.A. City Council President Eric Garcetti posted to Twitter this evening.
- Children living in downtown Los Angeles will take part in a study that "aims to follow over 100,000 children throughout the country for a period of over 20 years to study the effects of physical environment on the child’s health and development.