Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- She was sent to jail for 30 days this morning, but Lindsay Lohan is expected to be released after another judge overturn that decision.
- The first California state execution in four years could happen next week, thanks to a ruling by a judge today.
- The Ray Charles Memorial Library, which is like an interactive museum, opened Thursday night in South L.A.
- Santa Monica is not only getting a food truck lot next week, the city will stop enforcing a rule that said the mobile vendors could only park in a spot for a half hour.
- To say the least, Councilmember Bill Rosendal's town hall on homelessness in Venice was passionately disruptive. The video, which is lengthy, has been posted online.
- Meet Tony Pardines, the hot dog vendor of Harlem Alley in downtown.
- Eric Greenspan's grilled cheese restaurant could open by December.
- PBS' "This Old House" is coming to Silver Lake.