This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Can California be one-third powered by renewable sources by 2020?
- Going to a game this year at hte Staples Center? You might notice a new HD scoreboard.
- Although he wasn't one of the eight city of Bell officials charged, there's speculation about action coming down on the city's former police chief.
- If you know Curbed LA, it's parent organization launched a Curbed National today.
- There's now a $50,000 reward for help catching a suspect in a shooting in June that left a 21-year-old man dead at a post-prom party
- A Venice resident wants to jump out of a plane, headfirst and land on the Vegas strip without a parachute. And he plans to live to tell about it.
- Meet @WebJournalist Robert Hernandez, who says geolocation is going to grow (we agree).
- Apparently South L.A. City Councilmember Herb Wesson is a "sick skateboarder."