This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Solar panels are getting some heat on the Eastside.
- Home to one of the country's top cocktail bars, The Edison, the Higgins Building celebrated 100 years today.
- In the wake of the San Bruno disaster, California's two U.S. Senators have introduced the Strengthening Pipeline Safety and Enforcement Act.
- Want to own a creepy-looking motel? The Bates Motel on Sunset Boulevard in Silver Lake is for sale.
- Here's your Q&A on whooping cough.
- Useful when they get lost: for $5, get a microchip for dog in Hollywood.
- Now here's a lede: "Blaming himself for coolness to his health care overhaul, President Barack Obama is seeking to reintroduce the law to voters who don't much like or understand it six months after he signed it."
- No more supergraphics in Hollywood's signage district? A city council panel has approved such a move.