Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Solar panels are getting some heat on the Eastside.
- Home to one of the country's top cocktail bars, The Edison, the Higgins Building celebrated 100 years today.
- In the wake of the San Bruno disaster, California's two U.S. Senators have introduced the Strengthening Pipeline Safety and Enforcement Act.
- Want to own a creepy-looking motel? The Bates Motel on Sunset Boulevard in Silver Lake is for sale.
- Here's your Q&A on whooping cough.
- Useful when they get lost: for $5, get a microchip for dog in Hollywood.
- Now here's a lede: "Blaming himself for coolness to his health care overhaul, President Barack Obama is seeking to reintroduce the law to voters who don't much like or understand it six months after he signed it."
- No more supergraphics in Hollywood's signage district? A city council panel has approved such a move.