This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A protest that included a march from the Rampart division LAPD station to Macarthur Park over the police shooting death of a day laborer has ended peacefully.
- RIP to longtime Hollywood journalist James Bacon, 96.
- Actress Lindsay Lohan admits that she did, in fact, fail a recent court-ordered drug test.
- LA Now has more details about the death of a man in La Mirada who was tasered by authorities during a confrontation.
- Octomom Nadya Suleman is making headlines (again) because she is broke (again) and faces eviction (again).
- Authorities in Pico Rivera are investigating the death of a pedestrian who was run over by a freight train last night.
- Casting: Actor Peter Coyote will join the drama over at Law & Order: Los Angeles.