This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- More than 33,000 patient records at MLK Hospital in South L.A. have been breached.
- Whooping cough on the rise: at least 4,017 cases reported in California and nine have died.
- Expect delays on the Red and Purple lines this weekend due to safety inspections.
- Earlier LAist told you state unemployment figures, here's how it plays out within L.A. County.
- Popular gay club The Factory in West Hollywood is being sold.
- Take an urban staircase hike tomorrow morning in downtown Los Angeles.
- Yet another video of a car break in in Venice, proving that if you leave it, you just might lose it.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our iPhone app.