This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Crenshaw High went into lockdown mode this afternoon after a shooting occurred near campus. Neither victims were students there, and the campus dismissed school on time.
- An alleged shoplifter led authorities on a car chase that began in Mission Viejo and ended in Sherman Oaks.
- Pop star Michael Jackson's mother, Katherine, has filed suit against her late son's concert tour promoter, AEG Live, alleging fraud, among other claims.
- In Tustin, they're talking about how legalizing marijuana via Prop 19 may or may not affect crime.
- A 42-year-old North Hollywood man has been arrested for allegedly sexually molesting 11 elderly women over the past 11 months.
- Football fan? Like to watch the Chargers play on TV? You might not like this news, then.
- One of the world's 30 best hotel bars that made this CNN GO list is in Los Angeles.
- Thinking of starting a garden? Apartment Therapy LA has some tips.