This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- How long does it take a criminal to notice something in your car, break in and get away? It's only a matter of seconds. Watch this video of it happening in Venice.
- Have you visited the new Jew-food fusion taco truck, Takosher? They have brisket tacos, a latketaco and much more fun.
- A man who "apparently won several thousand dollars" at a local casino was robbed and killed after he was followed home.
- The first 2010 case of west nile virus has been reported.
- Want to live at the historic Los Altos apartment building in Mid-Wilshire? One-room units start at $1,900 and two-room ones at $2,400.
- The LAPD officers who enforced regulations against Echo Park Lake swap meet vendors were recognized by a local organization this week..
- A jury has deadlocked in the alleged marriage fraud case involving actress Fernanda Romero.
- It's Friday! That means it's time for cat blogging!