This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- The Rosemead City Council is considering a raise for their City Manager; he currently earns $175,000 a year.
- A man from Orange tried to commit suicide near a local business by stripping down and setting himself on fire.
- Are coyotes on the prowl--and eating kittehs--near The Grove?
- A Wilmington man has been sentenced to serve 96 years for raping three teenage girls, including his own niece.
- Los Angeles County Superintendent of Schools Darline P. Robles has announced her retirement from her post; she has served since 2002.
- The Drug Enforcement Agency is looking for a few good ebonics translators.
- Out for blood? Tyler Lautner (aka Jacob from the "Twilight" movies) is suing an Irvine RV company.