LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The Rosemead City Council is considering a raise for their City Manager; he currently earns $175,000 a year.
- A man from Orange tried to commit suicide near a local business by stripping down and setting himself on fire.
- Are coyotes on the prowl--and eating kittehs--near The Grove?
- A Wilmington man has been sentenced to serve 96 years for raping three teenage girls, including his own niece.
- Los Angeles County Superintendent of Schools Darline P. Robles has announced her retirement from her post; she has served since 2002.
- The Drug Enforcement Agency is looking for a few good ebonics translators.
- Out for blood? Tyler Lautner (aka Jacob from the "Twilight" movies) is suing an Irvine RV company.