This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- More scandal brewing in Bell: The ex-Mayor's foundation wasn't disclosing their government contracts.
- An 85-year-old Palm Springs woman was killed while she crossed a street in Costa Mesa.
- ESPN's Jay Mariotti was released from jail today after posting bail, but ESPN has not issued an official comment yet on the case. Mariotti was arrested for allegedly hurt his girlfriend during an altercation.
- The brother of an Arcadia man found bludgeoned to death this week has been arrested and charged with his sibling's murder.
- Will it turn out differentlyfor this 14-year-old Dutch sailor than it did for SoCal's Abby Sunderland?
- One man was killed last night in a drive-by shooting that took place in Bellflower.
- Congrats to Mimi Phan, the Irvine woman who won $250k in the Dream Stakes Raffle.
- And it's a sweet ending for the decorated "cakes" that belonged to the late Frances Kuyper, known as the "Cake Lady." They have a new home, and may soon be accessible for public viewing once again.