LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- A brush fire is burning in the Angeles National Forest. As of around 6 p.m., it was about 100 acres in size.
- Mario Obledo, civil rights activist and sometimes called the "Godfather of the Latino Movement" has died at age 78.
- Wanna see some craziness tomorrow? Head to the Red Bull Flugtag. LBPost has the preview.
- A Southern Californian interfaith coalition has put its support behind the controversial "Ground Zero Mosque" in New York City.
- Pub crawl: what's hot and what's not in downtown bars
- Gearing up for the $125 million, 1,700-seat soon-to-open music venue at Cal State Northridge
- "Supergirl Jam is back!" says Yo! Venice. "The 35ft snowboard ramp has been built and 80,000 pounds of freshly made snow is about to be laid down for this Sunday’s 'snowboarding rail jam.'”
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our recently updated iPhone app.