LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Do you work outside? New rules about working in the heat have been approved.
- The Redbury Hotel in Hollywood is gearing up to officially open on September 1st. Here's a look.
- But will they leave the neighborhood? "Three decades of arts classes, exhibits and performances have made Self Help Graphics & Art one of East Los Angeles’ most important cultural centers."
- Happy 10th birthday San Fernando Building Lofts! It was one of the early developments in downtown's revitalization.
- The National Black Police Association has put their support behind Prop 19, which would legalize marijuana in California.
- Going to tonight's first Venice Art Crawl? Here's the map.
- Budget solution? "City Of Long Beach, Brought To You By Pepsi."
- Checking in with Southern California Edison's fake reef off the coast of Orange County.