LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Tainted eggs shipped to California are part of a national recall due to a salmonella outbreak that has sickened at least 43 people in L.A. County.
- The trial of a California man accused of torturing his daughter and leaving her to die while stuffed inside a freezer is coming to an end.
- Authorities in Santa Ana arrested a 31-year-old man they caught having sex in a parked car with a 12-year-old girl.
- The LA County Coroner's office has identified the body of a man found off Santa Catalina Island as a boat captain reported missing a week earlier.
- Need to take a few flights in September? JetBlue is bringing back their All-You-Can-Jet Pass.
- A female police lieutenant with the Glendale PD has filed charges against the department, alleging she suffered years of gender discrimination and harassment by her male colleagues on the force.
- The Huntington Beach City Council is trying out using iPads instead of printed papers for their meetings, joining a growing number of government groups to do so, like the City Council in Lynwood.
- Testimony in the Anna Nicole Smith trial revealed that one psychiatrist who tried to wean the late model off medication was nicknamed "Dr. No" for her hard-line on prescribing pills.