This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Tainted eggs shipped to California are part of a national recall due to a salmonella outbreak that has sickened at least 43 people in L.A. County.
- The trial of a California man accused of torturing his daughter and leaving her to die while stuffed inside a freezer is coming to an end.
- Authorities in Santa Ana arrested a 31-year-old man they caught having sex in a parked car with a 12-year-old girl.
- The LA County Coroner's office has identified the body of a man found off Santa Catalina Island as a boat captain reported missing a week earlier.
- Need to take a few flights in September? JetBlue is bringing back their All-You-Can-Jet Pass.
- A female police lieutenant with the Glendale PD has filed charges against the department, alleging she suffered years of gender discrimination and harassment by her male colleagues on the force.
- The Huntington Beach City Council is trying out using iPads instead of printed papers for their meetings, joining a growing number of government groups to do so, like the City Council in Lynwood.
- Testimony in the Anna Nicole Smith trial revealed that one psychiatrist who tried to wean the late model off medication was nicknamed "Dr. No" for her hard-line on prescribing pills.