This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Zsa Zsa Gabor's publicist says the actress went into shock; she will be released from the hospital on Monday to recuperate at her Bel Air home.
- The Civic Council in Ladera Ranch has rejected a teeneager's bid to serve on the board.
- Four people were sent to the hospital for treatment after an early-morning fire in an apartment building in the Harbor-Gateway area.
- There's no room anymore in the Long Beach city budget to support the Municipal Band--a musical group older than the LA Phil.
- Attention Gleeks: TMZ reports "Glee" star Lea Michele was spotted heading to set in a Britney Spears-inspired costume.
- The OC is getting 2 more Five Guys burger eateries.
- Looking for dining by the shore? Check out Citysearch's picks for the 10 Best Beach Restaurants.