This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A surge in traffic deaths on PCH has prompted Malibu residents to push for more safety on the busy roadway.
- An LA County parolee was shot to death in Hemet, and authorities in the area are conducting an investigation into the incident.
- How is Los Angeles working to be the nation's leader in public transit?
- Former California Assemblyman Keith Richman has died after a battle with brain cancer. He was 56.
- Surf's up at the US Open of Surfing in the OC.
- Another one of Mayor Villaraigosa's staff is flying the coop.
- Just in case you wanted to see where Lindsay Lohan will be living after she gets out of jail...
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.