LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Do you have an iPad? "People Who Own iPads Are Tiresome Hipsters With Awful Personalities," according to some sort of "study."
- On CNN this afternoon about Arizona's immigration law, L.A. Mayor Villaraigosa today said, “We’re here because the federal government has failed to act... The fact of the matter is that they just failed in that responsibility.”
- This week's LA Weekly cover story is all about Playboy's Hugh Hefner.
- PR War: the group that wants to put an art center next to Walt Disney Concert Hall held a press conference this morning. They and Eli Broad, who wants to put a museum there, want the same spot.
- A worker trying to install a drainage ditch in Pacific Palisades died after he became trapped under 11 feet of dirt.
- "Researchers at UCLA have identified a 'cell of origin'' for human prostate cancer, a discovery they said could lead to better treatments and improved ability to predict and diagnose the disease, the university announced today."
- Former adult actress Jennifer Ketcham talks about finding a job that's not porn-related in L.A: "As an adult performer, it's never too hard to find work... due to a ten year absence from the real world work force, and a somewhat questionable work history, I'm finding it quite difficult to land a steady job."
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook and via your RSS reader.