LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Firefighters took under an hour to tackle a small grass fire that burned in Elysian Park earlier today. This was the third small fire in three days in the area.
- Police are searching for a suspect who may have caused a Valley Village house fire that left its occupant, a 34-year-old woman, dead.
- Officials in Laguna Beach are cracking down on downhill skateboarding.
- Talk about a Sunday morning surprise: Ventura residents in one neighborhood were surprised to spot an injured bear in a front yard.
- Angry Bell resident staged a march from a store owned by their Mayor to the Mayor's residence demanding his resignation in the wake of the salary scandal.
- An 11-year-old Montebello boy's suicide reveals some troubling information about poor communication within the county's Department of Children and Family Services.
- And it's official: BP's Tony Hayward will be replaced in the wake of the Gulf oil spill.