LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A 25-year-old man apparently running on a roof of a house in Long Beach was shot and killed by the 57-year-old woman living in the home. Investigators are trying to determine if the shooting, which took place in the driveway, was justifiable -- the man was allegedly running away after committing an assault.
- And a man was found stabbed to death outside his Beverly Hills home today.
- "The president of Anthem Blue Cross in California has resigned following an attempted massive rate increase that was scaled back after drawing public outrage."
- How many ways can you say "no parking"? About 20 in front of this Boyle Heights garage.
- A high rip tide current is in effect through Thursday. In the wake of two recent ocean deaths, be careful out there!
- The Senate Judiciary Committee today approved Elena Kagan to be the fourth female Supreme Court justice. She's expected to win a confirmation from the full Senate in upcoming weeks.
- LAX officials are accused of not taking fire safety seriously. An investigation has revealed that numerous emergency exits are apparently blocked by stuff on a consistent basis.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.