Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- In addition to a brush fire in Ventura County's Camarillo Heights, two other ones are burning. A 2,700-acre blaze is 60% contained at Camp Pendleton and smaller one is burning in Walnut.
- Major U.S. cities, such as Los Angeles, "may be among the last entities to feel like they've emerged from the recession."
- Burglars hit three apartments in Silver Lake last week, taking almost everything of value in sight.
- "The Board of Supervisors today renewed a $10,000 reward for information leading to Mitrice Richardson, who has been missing since September when she suffered a mental breakdown, was arrested in Malibu and then released after midnight."
- Groundbreaking for the $56-million renovation of the Civic Center park in downtown Los Angeles is set for Thursday morning.
- A plan to reform oversight of Los Angeles' neighborhood councils has been proposed and is seeing some support.
- Want to slow global warming? Save a sea otter, a marine mammal once seen throughout California's coast.
- Glendale has received a chunk of federal money to help transition homeless people from shelters to subsidized permanent housing.