LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- In addition to a brush fire in Ventura County's Camarillo Heights, two other ones are burning. A 2,700-acre blaze is 60% contained at Camp Pendleton and smaller one is burning in Walnut.
- Major U.S. cities, such as Los Angeles, "may be among the last entities to feel like they've emerged from the recession."
- Burglars hit three apartments in Silver Lake last week, taking almost everything of value in sight.
- "The Board of Supervisors today renewed a $10,000 reward for information leading to Mitrice Richardson, who has been missing since September when she suffered a mental breakdown, was arrested in Malibu and then released after midnight."
- Groundbreaking for the $56-million renovation of the Civic Center park in downtown Los Angeles is set for Thursday morning.
- A plan to reform oversight of Los Angeles' neighborhood councils has been proposed and is seeing some support.
- Want to slow global warming? Save a sea otter, a marine mammal once seen throughout California's coast.
- Glendale has received a chunk of federal money to help transition homeless people from shelters to subsidized permanent housing.