LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The first openly gay chief for the Riverside County Sheriff's Department will be in charge of Coachella and La Quinta.
- A Los Angeles-city agency on Thursday will decide on a $10.5 million parking garage in downtown that would be the foundation for Eli Broad's art museum.
- Former L.A. County District Attorney Gil Garcetti, father of L.A. City Council President Eric Garcetti, will appear on the season premiere of TNT's "The Closer" tonight.
- 7 L.A. city hall blunders of this Summer.
- A new monument has been erected in Anaheim for Jack Norworth, the man who penned "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" in 1908.
- A tree in Beverly Hills today reportedly had 50,000 bees swarming around it, putting fire fighters on alert.
- Just for fun: "This is why I'll never be an adult."
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.