LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- One person was killed in a crash this afternoon on the 118 Freeway in Pacoima.
- Celebrity trials are stretching the LA County courts to their limits.
- A record temp was set yesterday at LAX. And, uh, not a hot one. Gloom rhymes with June, so this is July...what?
- Torrance's Madrona Marsh has been re-opened following a 2-week closure due to a scare over mosquitoes possibly carrying West Nile virus.
- The job of being the ex-OC Sheriff gets you $200k/year via pension. Just ask Mike Carona.
- RFK HS, aka the Ambassador Hotel, is the LAUSD's most expensive school. And it needs more money before it can open.
- The LA County Coroner's office is seeking the public's help to identify a female skull found in the Station Fire burn area.