Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- One person was killed in a crash this afternoon on the 118 Freeway in Pacoima.
- Celebrity trials are stretching the LA County courts to their limits.
- A record temp was set yesterday at LAX. And, uh, not a hot one. Gloom rhymes with June, so this is July...what?
- Torrance's Madrona Marsh has been re-opened following a 2-week closure due to a scare over mosquitoes possibly carrying West Nile virus.
- The job of being the ex-OC Sheriff gets you $200k/year via pension. Just ask Mike Carona.
- RFK HS, aka the Ambassador Hotel, is the LAUSD's most expensive school. And it needs more money before it can open.
- The LA County Coroner's office is seeking the public's help to identify a female skull found in the Station Fire burn area.