LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A Los Angeles jury today convicted bay area transit cop Johannes Mehserle of involuntary manslaughter. SFist has all the coverage.
- "In a decision they said would define their careers, Azusa City Council members on Wednesday voted 4-1 to approve the Azusa Rock Quarry mining proposal."
- Eat bagged spinach? Check your bags, there's a recall in effect.
- Despite not recieving a grant today from the feds, the LA Business Journal is polling readers about the LA Streetcar project. So far, there's overwhelming support.
- In Glendale, it may get easier for homeowners to install solar on their roofs.
- How's your hood doing? The Del Rey Neighborhood Council's funding has been suspended.
- In Carson, oil soaked soil is a concern.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.