Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- A Los Angeles jury today convicted bay area transit cop Johannes Mehserle of involuntary manslaughter. SFist has all the coverage.
- "In a decision they said would define their careers, Azusa City Council members on Wednesday voted 4-1 to approve the Azusa Rock Quarry mining proposal."
- Eat bagged spinach? Check your bags, there's a recall in effect.
- Despite not recieving a grant today from the feds, the LA Business Journal is polling readers about the LA Streetcar project. So far, there's overwhelming support.
- In Glendale, it may get easier for homeowners to install solar on their roofs.
- How's your hood doing? The Del Rey Neighborhood Council's funding has been suspended.
- In Carson, oil soaked soil is a concern.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.