This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- An uncle of a 21-year-old Canoga Park woman was arrested for killing her and her 6-year-old daughter today.
- At the 40th annual Los Angeles Architectural Awards, a theme could be found: police stations were a popular building type to win.
- Not in L.A., but... In Sacramento, there is a proposal to ban people from wearing hoodies on public transit.
- No more Hare Krishnas, or otherwise any other panhandling, is allowed at LAX, an appeals court ruled today.
- In Pasadena, new restaurant Plate 38 is serving up casual American fare.
- Former "General Hospital" actor Stuart Damon is now a local real estate agent.
- The two trailer parks in Santa Monica will have to close.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.