LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- An uncle of a 21-year-old Canoga Park woman was arrested for killing her and her 6-year-old daughter today.
- At the 40th annual Los Angeles Architectural Awards, a theme could be found: police stations were a popular building type to win.
- Not in L.A., but... In Sacramento, there is a proposal to ban people from wearing hoodies on public transit.
- No more Hare Krishnas, or otherwise any other panhandling, is allowed at LAX, an appeals court ruled today.
- In Pasadena, new restaurant Plate 38 is serving up casual American fare.
- Former "General Hospital" actor Stuart Damon is now a local real estate agent.
- The two trailer parks in Santa Monica will have to close.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.