Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Lindsay Lohan may have been sentenced to 90 days in jail, but it's likely she'll serve far fewer days because of overcrowding.
- How one billionaire has changed a Brentwood neighborhood.
- Hail to the Chief: There's a new man in charge of the Culver City Fire Department.
- South L.A.'s troubled Fremont High re-opened today, but not everyone is pleased with the changes.
- An argument over a parking space in Whittier escalated into a pistol-whipping incident yesterday.
- Are you ready for www dot xxx? The .xxx registry for adult-oriented sites has been approved.
- Staycation idea: Spending the night in Long Beach aboard the Queen Mary.