LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Lindsay Lohan may have been sentenced to 90 days in jail, but it's likely she'll serve far fewer days because of overcrowding.
- How one billionaire has changed a Brentwood neighborhood.
- Hail to the Chief: There's a new man in charge of the Culver City Fire Department.
- South L.A.'s troubled Fremont High re-opened today, but not everyone is pleased with the changes.
- An argument over a parking space in Whittier escalated into a pistol-whipping incident yesterday.
- Are you ready for www dot xxx? The .xxx registry for adult-oriented sites has been approved.
- Staycation idea: Spending the night in Long Beach aboard the Queen Mary.