LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- He's an environmentalist? The L.A. car guy is, says Green LA Girl.
- Is internet access a right or a privilege? Some don't want taxpayer money going to something that can access adult industry content, others say the U.S. has to be competitive internationally.
- A plane that crashed on Catalina Island after the pilot apparently had a heart attack sparked a brush fire.
- Trader Joe's in Silver Lake is expanding and there's talk of it being a more bicycle/pedestrian friendly facility.
- "BP's massive oil spill became the largest ever in the Gulf of Mexico on Thursday based on the highest of the federal government's estimates, an ominous record that underscores the oil giant's dire need to halt the gusher."
- A 601-square-foot Tiki-themed house in Echo Park has gone for the asking price: $419,000
- Will Campbell spotted an ominous looking poster on saying "11 July, 1926" and did some research that unveiled some history.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.