Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Candidates are already gearing up to take on an incumbent City Councilmember in the 2011 election.
- It's 19 now, and it was 19 in 1972: California's pot legalization ballot proposition.
- The mother of missing woman Mitrice Richardson has filed suit against LA County seeking unspecified damages. She's alleging wrongful death, although her daughter--or her body--has not been found since she disappeared in September.
- It's not just the LAUSD: Several school districts in the state are in serious financial peril, and many more, include ones in LA County, are at risk of losing stability.
- Longtime CNN talk host Larry King announced today that he is planning to retire from his show in the fall.
- Janitors who service LAX are threatening to go on strike, possibly over the upcoming 4th of July holiday weekend.
- A onetime Hamas spy has been in Southern California since 2007, and is seeking asylum.