This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A fast-moving brush fire in Murrieta has already consumed over 35 acres and has prompted evacuations in the area.
- The Thousand Oaks woman suspected of killing aspiring model Juliana Redding reportedly was paid $300, 000 from a colleague of the victim's father.
- Authorities removed about 19,000 pot plants that were growing on public lands in Lancaster.
- A man attempted to kidnap a girl from the toy aisle of Big Lots store in Corona today but fled when the girl screamed for her mother in the next aisle.
- The FAA is looking to implement air traffic control changes for the Long Beach Airport as a result of increasing concerns about possible midair collisions over the city.
- A CHP Officer was struck and killed during a routine traffic stop on the I-15 in Barstow.
- The "Say what?" headline of the day, from the OC Register: "B-J in the O.C. was a huge hit."