This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Whacky! Watch the LAX bomb scare suspect from Sunday get tasered by police in this video.
- Have you checked out the Los Angeles Film Festival yet? It's gearing up for its second weekend.
- There was a 5.0 earthquake today, but in a place where people usually don't feel them: Canada.
- Real estate agents can be douchey: Curbed LA reader finds photoshopped photos of homes where sunsets and skylines are apparently doctored.
- Check your meat: 35,000 pounds of beef was shipped to Los Angeles was recalled today.
- The Orange County Fairgrounds have been sold to a local government consortium for $96 million.
- After 20 years, Burbank Airport's runways are getting a much-needed $1 million facelift.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.