This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- What do you get your husband--one of the star players of NBA Champ team the Lakers? A Rolls-Royce, of course!
- The movie theatre monopoly on Santa Monica's Third Street Promenade belongs to AMC.
- Congrats to former LAPD Officer Kristina Ripatti-Pearce, who completed the Race Across America in Annapolis, Maryland yesterday. Ripatti-Pearce was paralyzed from the waist down in a 2006 shooting.
- Maywood lays off 100% of their City Employees and Police, and goes 100% contract.
- An ordinance passed today will see to it that all pit bulls in San Bernardino County be spayed or neutered.
- Authorities in Montebello find over 600 roosters and bust what appears to be a cockfighting site.
- If you're a city-livin' apartment dweller, why on earth should you be composting?