Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- What do you get your husband--one of the star players of NBA Champ team the Lakers? A Rolls-Royce, of course!
- The movie theatre monopoly on Santa Monica's Third Street Promenade belongs to AMC.
- Congrats to former LAPD Officer Kristina Ripatti-Pearce, who completed the Race Across America in Annapolis, Maryland yesterday. Ripatti-Pearce was paralyzed from the waist down in a 2006 shooting.
- Maywood lays off 100% of their City Employees and Police, and goes 100% contract.
- An ordinance passed today will see to it that all pit bulls in San Bernardino County be spayed or neutered.
- Authorities in Montebello find over 600 roosters and bust what appears to be a cockfighting site.
- If you're a city-livin' apartment dweller, why on earth should you be composting?