This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- The LADWP faced an early morning water main break today that ruptured in Hollywood on St. Andrews place.
- An unidentified man jumped to his death this afternoon from a parking structure located in downtown Alhambra.
- Police are looking for information about a possibly gang-related shooting that took place last night in Venice outside an after-prom party.
- This weekend 25 murals were painted in Long Beach as part of their We Love LB logo mural project.
- The body found burned in a vehicle on Memorial Day weekend has been identified as a 59-year-old ex-Marine who authored a book about the failing of the US government.
- And now for something a little different: A horse named Peanut got stuck in a remote part of Irvine Regional Park and had to be rescued.
- John Wooden's 13-year-old great-granddaughter Ashlyn paid led her Newport Beach elementary school in a tribute ceremony on Friday for the late coaching icon.