This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Did you hear some loud booming sounds in San Clemente today? Nothing to worry about--just Camp Pendleton shooting practice.
- The LAUSD is going to face more cuts to programs and staff since Measure E did not pass during this week's primary election.
- Is West Coast Choppers' Jesse James guilty of doing a "bad deal" with his business partners for a clothing line?
- The NTSB and other experts are shocked that Angels Flight is missing one additional safety measure they'd recommended be implemented before the funicular railway re-opened this year.
- You might be using social media to follow the World Cup, but many of the players have been barred from using outlets like Twitter during the event.
- A man was killed last night while running across the 91 Freeway in Bellflower.
- Dodger Stadium will be home to a new flea market starting next month.