Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- 1,000 backpack "survival kits" were handed out to homeless around L.A. County yesterday
- It's getting hot out there! Two heat exhausted hikers in the Angeles National Forest had to be rescued by helicopter on Sunday.
- That KFC-turned-medical-marijauna-dispensary is now shut down, but owners vow to make a return.
- On redevelopment: "Not until 1999 when they built the Staples Center did we start to see a real change," a Salvation Army employee told blogdowntown. "You didn't hear the gunfire at night. Of course there were still issues with gangs and drugs, but it really brought jobs and opportunity."
- Concerning tweets from Tila Tequila over the weekend prompted some to call on the LAPD to conduct a welfare check.
- Ouch! Space reserved for a food truck in Echo Park meant a car had to be towed out of the way.
- Homicide in the West Valley: Police are looking for help in the stabbing murder of a man in Canoga Park on Saturday.
- Tomorrow is election day, don't forget to vote!