This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- The 210 Freeway in Duarte was shut down late last night so authorities could move a bear out of traffic lanes.
- A solar power project in Newport Beach is drawing more scorn than sunshine.
- LAUSD Board of Education member Yolie Flores-Aguilar has announced she will not run for re-election when her current term is up.
- Con men in Rosemead are posing as immigration officials and swindling residents out of money and valuables.
- A neighborhood group in Long Beach has been awarded a notable national honor for their efforts in the area.
- A 7-11 customer from Palms is about to come into some money.
- Who wants to win free burritos for life?