This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A group of people protesting Arizona's immigration law chained themselves to a federal detention center in Orange County today.
- KROQ is helping out a victim of a hit and run that has changed her life since.
- One Echo Park dweller is using their home to celebrate the Lakers. Go, L.A!
- Want to buy a burned down Castle in Chatsworth? It's only $90,000.
- Mayor Villaraigosa only vetoed one item on his budget: oversight of his gang program.
- A suit filed in Los Angeles alleges that a production company is to blame for actor David Carradine's death in 2009.
- Don't forget! With its killer line-up of local star chefs, Taste of the Nation, an event for a good cause, is this Sunday.
- Get excited, vegans -- looks like Native Foods is expanding to the Beverly Center and downtown.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.