Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- "Angels go where we're invited." And they're welcome in WeHo, where they are on patrol.
- Bringing in the tourism dollars: Amway's top 13,000 Chinese sellers are coming to SoCal.
- Compton could go back to a City Police force instead of using the LA County Sheriff's Department.
- Apple says they've sold 2 Million iPads since their launch 2 months ago.
- Check out the urban farm that's blossoming at Buena Park High School.
- Hyperlocal or hyperloco? AOL Patch has launched their Beverly Hills and Agoura Hills city patch sites.
- For the good of children or more nanny state tactics? State bill would force helmets onto kids who go skiing.
- A Mount Olympus homeowner is suing Beyoncé and others over a music video shoot across the street from his house that caused him "inconvenience, annoyance, ridicule, scorn, embarrassment, humiliation, and hurt feelings."