Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Oy vey! Now a fix for the Gulf oil spill is two months away.
- The CHP is saying that there were fewer drunk driving arrests but more traffic deaths this holiday weekend.
- Sunday night was not quiet in Echo Park and Silver Lake as bike thieves and fires kept residents awake.
- Get a haircut and a high? A Pomona was arrested for allegedly selling marijuana at his shop.
- Observing the Memorial Day weekend flags at Los Angeles National Cemetery on Sepulveda.
- Democrat vs. Democrat in Venice and the Southbay: "Liberal Marcy Winograd is again challenging the more conservative Jane Harman in the 36th Congressional District. An analyst calls it 'an ideological battle for the soul of the Democratic Party.'"
- Up in Sacramento, state legislators are tackling a series of healthcare bills, ranging on topics from raising premiums to letting consumers easily compare prices.
- Good Food News: "Demand causes more farmers markets to sprout up" in Long Beach.