Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- What if the ambulance doesn't start? L.A. firefighters and mechanics today protested budget cuts, saying low maintenance funding could hurt emergency services.
- The ACLU and the city of Santa Monica have settled a lawsuit about the treatment of the homeless.
- "Oh NO! I left my underwear in the oven!" "Three's Company" Star Joyce DeWitt, 61, was sentenced to three years probation in a DUI case yesterday.
- In the case of artist Shephard Fairey vs. the Associated Press over the use of Obama on his "HOPE" posters, a judge is urging the two parties resolve the dispute outside of court because Fairiey is likely to lose.
- Free coconutty Kaya toast from chef Susan Feniger next Tuesday? This is how the Top Chef Masters contestant is thanking her fans.
- Tesla is planning on moving out of Southern California in favor of Northern California.
- So oddball: was the Michael Jordan-Bugs Bunny movie Space Jam based on sacred Mayan Text?
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.