Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Members of the Bus Riders Union handed out bags of groceries today to the mayor and other officials to symbolize the cost of upcoming MTA fare increases.
- County officials have been advised they should consider implementing tools for the early detection of wildfires.
- The rate for basic ambulance transport in L.A. will go up by 37%.
- The Supreme Court has denied jailed attorney Richard Fine's request to be let out of Men's Central Jail, where he has been held for 14 months for refusing to divulge financial details.
- Santa Monica is getting a new movie studio.
- Lindsay Lohan told the judge she didn't want to wear an ankle bracelet alcohol monitoring device because it would interfere with an upcoming movie shoot in Texas. Turns out, though, that movie isn't even sending the actress to Texas. (Or, as TMZ calls her excuse: BS.)