LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Russian roulette left a 15-year-old girl dead in Mid-City on Sunday. At the trigger was a 16-year-old boy who didn't realize there was a bullet in the gun.
- Should be good for tourism: LAX has a new runway that can accommodate A380s, which are "extra jumbo aircraft" that weighs one-million pounds.
- A sailboat washed ashore in Venice on Sunday, and with no skipper in sight.
- After Friday's announcement about Metblogs going to the wayside, things are looking on the up and up again, says Co-Founder Sean Bonner.
- This can't be good: "Mexican drug smugglers are increasingly peddling a form of ultra-potent heroin that sells for as little as $10 a bag and is so pure it can kill unsuspecting users instantly, sometimes before they even remove the syringe from their veins."
- Lock those doors! While an Echo Park couple slept in their bed Friday night, someone walked in and burglarized them, something they didn't even know until they woke up.
- The 10 Wealthiest Angelenos.
- A card to give downtown residents discounts at local businesses continues to gather sign-ups.
- Archbishop José Gomez, who will taken over the Los Angeles Archdiocese next year, will be formally welcomed to the city on Wednesday.