This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- The man who allegedly tried to get 50 pounds of marijuana through security at Bob Hope Airport this week pleaded not guilty to felony drug charges yesterday.
- Rep. Adam Schiff will testify in a Senate committee hearing next week about the Station Fire.
- We could get a "CleanTech Corridor" adjacent to the LA River.
- Learn how Burbank cyclists got together to promote Bike to Work Day last week.
- High school seniors in the Santa Clarita Valley are participating in a White Ribbon Week to promote safety at graduation.
- So much for goody-goody two shoes? 80s rocker Adam Ant has been reportedly sent to a psychiatric hospital following some strange behavior.
- Volunteers in Long Beach spent today cleaning up their city thanks to a Weed and Seed beautification project.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.