Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Two people were shot in Hollywood (near Lexington and Las Palmas) today in an incident involving a police officer.
- Round 2: Rocker and reality star Bret Michaels has been hospitalized again.
- Now Lindsay Lohan won't be arrested when she arrives in Los Angeles tomorrow -- bail has been posted in advance of her return.
- Planning your future-future trip on California's High Speed Rail? LA to Sacramento would take 2 hours, 17 minutes, and cost $53; LA to SD=1 hour, 18 minutes and $30.
- Good luck! "A 13-year-old boy from Big Bear Lake was at an elevation of more than 24,000 feet today in his attempt to climb the north side of Mount Everest."
- L.A.-based American Apparel has hit some hard financial times.
- L.A. Streetcar and Bringing Back Broadway, both Initiatives to improve downtown L.A., are seeking federal funds in the latest series of federal transit grants.
- Last Chance: Free on Sunday? Like free things? You can win tickets to L.A. Chamber Orchestra's Silent Film Concert featuring Disney & Buster Keaton. Info & enter here.