LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Actors Ashley Olsen, Pamela Adlon ("Californication") and Jarrod Spector (Jersey Boys) were all aboard an United Airlines flight from New York City to Los Angles that made an emergency landing in Washington D.C. due to a cockpit fire.
- What killed 40 fish in Echo Park Lake over the weekend?
- Say goodbye to the giant fork sculpture placed at a fork in the road in Pasadena.
- "The family of a foreign correspondent slain on the job visited the White House today as President Obama signed into law the Daniel Pearl Freedom of the Press Act. It’s named after a Southland-born newspaper journalist killed in Pakistan eight years ago."
- Fo’ Shizzle, the license plate (it had to be done).
- $70,000 of taxpayer money used for "lavish accommodations" for L.A. City Councilmember travel.
- Mayor Villaraigosa reads LA Times columnist's rant about public transit in L.A. and calls him in for a meeting.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.