LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- A new apartment complex in Pasadena will soon be one of the largest in Los Angeles County to be entirely smoke-free.
- Blast from the past had its last launch yesterday: "The Space Shuttle fleet's main engines were all built in the early 1980s at the North American Rockwell company's Rocketdyne plant on Canoga Avenue," says the Daily News.
- A teenager did some impressive detective work to help catch the person who dog-napped his puppy right out of his hands.
- The OC's first ever Kids Restaurant Week has named 30 eateries slated to participate.
- California's first stem cell research lab has opened up at UC Irvine.
- See how one special JetBlue flight to Long Beach was in the pink yesterday.
- Does Rialto have a haunted church on their hands?